A lot of people have this question in mind and want to have a concrete answer to how long do the human hair wigs last?
But to be honest, it is very subjective as it depends on how you maintain your wigs.
Usually, 100% human hair wigs can last for 1 year, but if you take good care of your virgin human hair wigs, they can last for as long as 2-3 years.
There are various reasons which impact the human hair wigs life and they are significantly influenced by these 4 components:
- Wig types or Material used:
There is a wide range of kinds of human hair wigs available:
- Human hair lace front wig
- Full lace human hair wigs
- Classic lace wigs
- 360 lace frontal wigs
- Glue-less full hand-tied wigs and so on.
the durability of any product greatly depends on the raw material used and the way it is manufactured. It plays a crucial role because different base materials have levels of durability.
Generally, handmade wigs don’t last for long in comparison to machine-made wigs. Even though it is well maintained a high-quality wig should be thickened after 9-12 months.
Another component to consider is the type of hair. Remy hair with intact cuticles has a longer shelf life, while hair without cuticles will need more care and last less as they have been more processed.
Another aspect that has to be taken care of is the length and the style of your wig as this often impacts the longevity.
For instance, a cropped wig or pixie cut is going to last much longer than a shoulder-length blow-dry.
No matter whether you're getting hair over your face or detangling it, the contact on the fiber causes wears which is the reason it's imperative to take care of your wig!
This is the motivation behind why your short human hair wigs in every case keep going longer than your long human hair wigs.
Darker colors and straight styles require less handling, while lighter colors and wavy hair requires greater treatment. This will affect the life expectancy of your virgin human hair wigs. Even though they effectively last 3-6 months with good care which is a decent life expectancy fro a wig. It very well may be said that straight and dark-colored hair wigs are termed as a high-quality wig.
Using a wig for a long period of time directly depends on maintenance and care. Also, it depends on how carefully you keep your wig.
There are a few points that you need to follow in order to take proper care of the wigs.
- How do you wash your wigs is one of the key aspects. Using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner is very important.
- How do you style your wig is also necessary as most of the time they are already pre-style when you get it, otherwise you need your stylist before you wear it.
- How to store your hair is also very important for you to understand. Place your wig on a mannequin or Styrofoam head if wear it frequently as this will help you maintain a good style of the hair
- Over-washing and over-styling your wig may tend to decrease the lifespan. Wash your hair wig after using it for at least 10 times unless stated otherwise.
So, this is how you can take care of human hair wigs which helps in increasing their lifespan!
What’s your take on it? Answer in the comments below!